Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9/11 Seven Years Later. Has Anything Changed?

A coworker and friend of mine reminded me that it has been seven years since the September 11 attacks at the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and failed attempt on the White House. In the midst of our discussion she posed a simple yet very interesting question, and in my opinion, a very good one, "Has anything really changed since then?" and as a follow up, "has justice been served?". I thought to myself, wow, what great questions to ask in light of the war in Iraq, in Afghanistan and the ongoing debates about deployments, pulling out, and going after Bin Laden. We are now in the midst of another presidential election where the future of the current war is yet uncertain. Many Americans on both sides of the aisle want change and a reform of government. Yet, what does that change mean?

Instead of offering up my two cents, I would like to hear from the blogworld readers out there, what is your answers to these questions.

Has justice been served since 9/11?

What has changed since then?

What does change mean to you when you hear certain candidates speak about it?

Share, don't be shy. Thanks for reading. God bless!

2 comments:

Joe Chavez said...

Hello Jerry,

Your blog came up from TheChurchDirectory blog roll so I decided to visit!

What's changed? Well, for most American travelers, the hassle of getting through airport security has changed.

What else? Not much. It's amazing to me just how much flak former President Bush got in the waning years of his presidency. Does the fact that we haven't been attacked SINCE 9/11 speak anything to the left? My support for Bush weakened in the last several years, however, I think he did the best he could with what he had to work with as a result of the Clinton years. No one seems to want to talk about that.

I still cannot figured out why the left loves President Obama's stand on terrorism. One of his first acts was to close Gitmo. Why? Were the conditions deplorable? These guys were allowed their Koran's, prayer mats, etc. We treated them as prisoners of war. What people seem to forget is that these aren't soldiers: they're thugs who target civilians!

People have forgotten about 9/11 faster than people have forgotten about WWII. That's my opinion but I believe it's true.

Jerry McClellan said...

Thanks Joe for your comment. You are right on. We will see what progress is made under Mr. Obama, I don't expect great things from him to be perfectly honest.

God bless.