Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What..!??Huh???

I remember seeing Billy Graham as a kid on television all of the time. My dad used to watch him all of the time even though he never really went to church, I guess he would have his church in front of the t.v. It was funny because I just didn't get why he was so fascinating to my father, I was always bored to tears when listening to Mr. Graham. Of course, I was just a kid then, didn't really know any better. Now that I am grown I must say that when I listen to Billy Graham speak...I am still bored to tears! While I've never been to a world famous Billy Graham crusade or have seen him speak in person, I always believed he was a good man of character, a strong man of God. I figured, a professed Christian man with that much influence on so many people can't be a bad thing, can it? The way my parents would speak about him, you'd think he could walk on water. Due to some unfortunate encounters with wicked, amoral pastors, I eventually grew up from such a notion. Yet, it still surprised me to read that not only did the Clintons appear at Billy Graham's last crusade and actually speak, but that Mr. Graham returned complements to both and made some, how do you say, "interesting" statements to Bill and Hillary.

As reported by Newsmax.com and Yahoonews, apparently Billy Graham and the Clintons are good 'ol buddies and friends. After Bill Clinton gushed over Billy Graham, citing his stand against segregation back in the day, Billy Graham commented
that Bubba Clinton should become an evangelist and allow "his wife to run the country."! What!!???Huh??? Is this man for real? Either Mr. Graham's true colors have come through or he is a lot sicker than he lets on. It is one thing to be cordial, even complementary, as he told them they were a nice couple and all, but to suggest that a man such as Bill Clinton become an evangelist for Christ, without first admonishing him to repent, simply defies all reason. Then to go further by suggesting, even half-jokingly, that Hillary Clinton (probably the angriest woman on the planet) should run this country....! Words just can't describe...Amazing!


UPDATE:
Rev. Peterson: The Clintons' Political Futures Received The Greatest Benefit From Billy Graham's Revival!

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isaiah 5:20


No comments: