Thursday, January 13, 2005

SOME PROBING QUESTIONS....

Lashawn Barber over at Lashawn Barber's Corner has some questions for us bloggers that she would like answered either by posting on her site or emailing her directly. I am going to post my answers here as well as forwarding them to her. You are more than welcome to answer here as well. The questions and my answers are below.

1) How long have you been blogging?
Since May of 2004.

2) Do you believe you’re addicted to blogging? Please explain, and be honest. It is habit-forming, I must confess. (If I decide to use your response, I may have follow-up questions.)
Yes. I often spend hours reading other blogs or just writing about topics on my own, yet I don't always post them. Just getting my thought out really helps to give me clarity. I am able to self-edit and am forced to be clear about what I am saying. I especially love getting feedback since I love to debate and converse with others, especially about hot topics.

3) Have you ever taken a hiatus? If so, for what reason and how long?
Yes, but not willingly. Usually I break from blogging (whether reading or writing) due to ourside responsibilities, i.e. family, work and such.

4) Have you ever thought of giving up your blog? Why or why not?
Yes. Sometimes I feel as if what I have to say has already been said therefore it is pointless to reiterate something that another blogger, columnist or reporter has already stated. Also, and this is a big one, I often think that no one cares to read what I have to say anyway, especially if I get little to no feedback. Usually a look at my hit counter stats helps to put things in perspective. When I doubt that anyone is reading, I review it and see that I've gotten quite a few hits for that day or week. I think a big reason is simply the comments require you to log in and not everyone likes to do that, even I don't like having to log in in order to comment, so this could be a major deterrent to commenting on my blog. This is something I am working towards fixing though.

Well those are my answers. What about you?

2 comments:

Michael_the_Archangel said...

Hey Jerry, you always have me ... wait, I'm suppose to encourage the guy.

I know what you mean about wondering if anyone really reads what I write. Especially when I find something that I get kinda excited about and then I get no or very few comments. By the same token, I've posted stuff that I didn't expect to get a response from and the comments went nuts. It's a crazy world out there.

Peace.

Jerry McClellan said...

Thanks Micheal, that was very encouraging.

You are right, sometimes a topic you think is a big one doesn't get as much traffic as others that were more or less an afterthought.